Two Hours From Tucson

Jackdaw ramblings from an old Virginia boy turned desert rat living in the wilds of Chandler, Arizona.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

As I cast my fishing line into the neighbor's yard, I'm reminded of my sixth grade math teacher's observation - He's just as happy as if he had good sense.

Terror Alert Level

Monday, May 17, 2004

Is You Big Sid? - Taking a Turn at Writing a Blues Song


Is you Big Sid?

I woke up late this morning,
feeling all shaky and green,
rememberin' somethin' about last evening,
while dreaming of morning caffeine.

Looked around my bed and noticed,
a smiling woman looking up at me,
gazed down into her smoky eyes, uh-huh,
and into her morning I eased. yes, indeed.

She whispered something to me,
her warm fingers touching my lips,
Is your name Big Sid, Baby?
as she rolled herself onto my hips.

I met her eyes 'n kissed her softly
With a smile, I answered her quiz,
I don't know about last night, Baby,
But this morning I surely is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home