Two Hours From Tucson

Jackdaw ramblings from an old Virginia boy turned desert rat living in the wilds of Chandler, Arizona.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

As I cast my fishing line into the neighbor's yard, I'm reminded of my sixth grade math teacher's observation - He's just as happy as if he had good sense.

Terror Alert Level

Thursday, May 27, 2004

When Slate Tables Attack! On Fox at 10:00 tonight!!!

February 2003

How can I put this in a manner without sounding demented? I can't. So, I'll sound like a redneck. There I was, just sitting there, minding my own business when...

I raised my left foot from below the slate table top and hit the edge. I heard a click from the toe next to my little piggy toe (it's so cute!). Damn, that hurt.

I remember that click from my martial arts days in college. Boy, those were stupid days.

I wonder if I broke it? I looked around for a second opinion and luckily, for me, I was in.

I knew all about first aid. Nothing to worry about there, compadre. I got that covered. I popped open a cold compress and settled in for a consultation with myself.

I figured if it clicked in one direction, it oughta click in the opposite direction. This way it's a clean break and it'll heal faster. Makes sense, right? I don't know. The more I thought about it, the more I liked the first guy's opinion. I put the pliers back in the toolbox.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home