Two Hours From Tucson

Jackdaw ramblings from an old Virginia boy turned desert rat living in the wilds of Chandler, Arizona.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

As I cast my fishing line into the neighbor's yard, I'm reminded of my sixth grade math teacher's observation - He's just as happy as if he had good sense.

Terror Alert Level

Friday, March 17, 2006

What's In The Bag, Mike?

---

I pretty good at winning things. Over the years, I've won a multitude of restaurant gift cards and movie ticket packets, a flower arrangement (whatever), a facial (quickly given away), that metal tic-tac-toe objet d'art (which magically found its way into the trash), a PDA (which I sold) and various tchotchkes. Overall, that's not bad for entering drawings to my favorite charities.

Yesterday, my latest winning arrived at the office mailbox. This thing is huge! You may have heard of it. It's called a Sony CD/MP3 Walkman. Wow! I was all excited until I couldn't find a USB port to download songs from my flash drive.

Hey, just kidding. I'm a kidder. What can I say? How about, "Who decided this thing is a Prize?". It's like winning a 10-megabyte hard drive. Heart be still.

Maybe somebody wants it? I don't know. In the meantime, the Walkman is resting quietly on my desk, safely encased in its plastic birthing package. Without batteries, it can do no harm.

---

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! My name is Alex Pickett -- I am the News Editor for the Chandler Independent newspaper.
I'm working on a story about Chandler residents who do blogs. I was wondering if I could interview you about this?
Please feel free to contact me if you're interested.

apickett@newszap.com

March 26, 2006 3:10 PM  

<< Home