Two Hours From Tucson

Jackdaw ramblings from an old Virginia boy turned desert rat living in the wilds of Chandler, Arizona.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

As I cast my fishing line into the neighbor's yard, I'm reminded of my sixth grade math teacher's observation - He's just as happy as if he had good sense.

Terror Alert Level

Monday, October 11, 2004

And It's Mine!

--

I won a raffle prize. It's a steel gray wall hanging.

Wall hanging? Steel gray? Am I expecting too much in wanting it to look decent?..

I don't know what it is, but it cost me $10.00 in tickets.
---
I picked it up this morning. To quote Marvin Gaye, "Mercy, Mercy me".

Shades of William Shatner, it's so damn... unusual and... eclectic. I've seen them in art galleries as bizarro objects. Now, I owns one.

It's four gray-silver pineapples about six inches long tac-welded onto a tic-tac-toe of 2-foot long iron bars. I'll wait while you catch your breath.

It's a$$ heavy. About fifteen pounds of static Saturday night blingage. Far too heavy for a normal club, it's worthy of a crunk dance floor doing dirty to Lil Jon & the Eastside Boys' Bounce Dat A$$.

I like Katy's response to my description: "It sounds kitschy. Isn't that supposed to be a good thing? After all, it's the best you can expect from a raffle prize pile." It was nice of her to not add
steaming to her description.

I'm gonna paint the pineapples deep red and the iron bars black or dark green. I'll find some picture frames to fit within the grid and use it as a photo montage. Uh, right. LOL. It'll go nicely (grin) with the abstract art and Wright-style furniture. I just gotta find a wall with enough support. Jeez.

Now, on to bashful Lil Jon.

---
Pop, pop, pop that thang girl
Pop that thang and roll with it
---

Uh! What can I say? Ima dancing fool.

---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home