Two Hours From Tucson

Jackdaw ramblings from an old Virginia boy turned desert rat living in the wilds of Chandler, Arizona.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

As I cast my fishing line into the neighbor's yard, I'm reminded of my sixth grade math teacher's observation - He's just as happy as if he had good sense.

Terror Alert Level

Sunday, April 23, 2006

H2-Oh, Yes, Indeed!

---

As the Lowe's fella was telling me yesterday, if you live in Arizona long enough, you'll hafta repair your sprinkler system. That's true. That's all too true.

I've repaired my fair share of sprinkler heads, drip lines and flexible tubing to last a lifetime. For the past 25 years, it's become my field of interest. Oh, yes, it's what I dream about at night. It has so intoxicated me, that many years ago on a Sunday afternoon, I received advanced training from the School of OMG That Wasn't Supposed To Break. I'm very proud of that achievement. Sniff. Does someone have a Kleenex? How about your shirt? That's OK, it'll dry. Sure, just think about yourself.

So, when Cathy, my girlfriend, told me she had a little bit of trouble in the water line next to her garden, I quickly offered my well-known services to get the job done. By Sunday afternoon, my vast knowledge of sprinkler repair and semi-reliable practical experience were being put to use.

After the job was done, I noticed a BIG difference between repairing her sprinkler system and mine.


When I finish repairing my sprinkler system, I reward myself with a beer and well-deserved nap.

When I finish repairing Cathy's sprinkler system, I get a kiss and a hug.


I gotta find a way to break that sprinkler line again...

---

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home