Two Hours From Tucson

Jackdaw ramblings from an old Virginia boy turned desert rat living in the wilds of Chandler, Arizona.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States

As I cast my fishing line into the neighbor's yard, I'm reminded of my sixth grade math teacher's observation - He's just as happy as if he had good sense.

Terror Alert Level

Friday, August 20, 2004

Yes, I Khan! Yes, I Khan! Yes, I Khan!

Everybody sing!

"Khan doo, Khan doo, this guy says the horse Khan doo."

(My apologies to Mr. Frank Loesser's estate for my brazen and cheap (1), cheap (2), cheap (3), cheap (4) misuse of "Fugue for Tinhorns" from Guys and Dolls.) Did I mention cheap misuse? (I hope that assuages the litigators...)

Yeah, I'm a geek, but not Star Trek grade material. I ran into this hilarious piece of work at www.khaaan.com.

It's two picture stills which someone glommed from "The Wrath of Khan" Star Trek movie and made into a deeply moving (bowels, I believe) loop.

Captain James Tiberius Kirk is dramatically responding to a clever battle maneuver from evil eugenics genius Khan Noonian Singh. Kirk continues to scream "Khan!!!!" over and over again.

Oh, the horror... The horror... Wait, that's the wrong movie. The overwrought performance confused me.

If the subtleties of this Bill Clintonesque performance jiggles your nervous system like a handle on a broken toilet, then seek your truth here:
Star Trek Series
The One, The Only - Mr. "Jimmy Jam Man" Kirk (Gee, if only he could sing.)

After hypnotically watching this loop for several hours (Mmm, purty picture is nice), I realized I was thisclose from being an actor - just a Ricardo Montalbán arched eyebrow away from achieving my stardom!! Maybe, just maybe, even as close as his smile! Wait! Maybe his arched eyebrow and his smile. Yes, That's right! I am a Ricardo Montalbán arched eyebrow and smile away from my dream.

I am ready.. I will try it now. I am breathing. Breathing.


KHAN!!!!


Dammit.... I...... am...... an....... ACTOR!!!